You just found out your pregnant with your first child (Congrats!) and now there are a million details to sort out and things to think of as a newly expectant parent. Time to buy a million books on what to expect as a pregnant woman, and lots of doctors visits to plan, a baby shower to think of, to vaccinate or not to vaccinate, what birth plan you're thinking of - not to even mention the baby's room planning! Eek!
Many times newly expecting mommies and daddies get caught up in all of the little details of HAVING a baby and forget about documenting the time leading up to the birth as well as the time after the baby is born - and believe you me - its gone in a flash!
Here are our top 10 Reasons for Booking a Baby's First Year Photography Package. This way you can leave the documentation details to the professionals, so you can get back to picking baby's room paint colors and planning out your birth program!
1) You will never be able to recreate these moments. Ever. This is undeniably the most important reason for doing the Baby's First Year sessions. Even if you have other children in the future, you'll never be pregnant with THIS child again, and you'll never see his or her first tooth peek through again. It might sound like a sad or sappy way to look at it, but I cannot tell you how many parents come in with their second child and the mother is almost in tears because she never had maternity photos or newborn photos done with her first child...and it is something that I have heard at least 1000 times - how much they regretted not doing it for one reason or another. Most commonly because of financial reasons. Which leads me to point 2...
2) Baby's First Year Packages can be put on a payment plan and have the biggest discounts available through our company! Whoo hoo! Who doesn't love an affordable way to get the best quality photos?! Now that's some good news we know you'll love!
As this is the MOST common reason that parents don't go for the Maternity and Newborn photos, we decided to create a plan that helped out a little bit with this, and our Baby's First Year clients LOVE it.
Not only do you get to put the entire package on a payment plan instead of having these large chunks due during an already financially challenging time of your life, but you also get the biggest discounts of ANY of our clients when booking a package like this.
3) Your baby will change so fast that your head will swim - and without photos to document their stages, its so hard to remember how tiny and sweet they were when they were 5 days old. Or how precious their little hands were wrapped around your finger or placed softly on your chest during breastfeeding. You might forget how cute that first set of silly teeth were or how funny their gummy little smile looked. Memories fade over time and the sweetest moments get lost in the day to day struggles and movements that happen with life. Having these regularly documented stages during the first year helps keep the best parts of a baby tiny and in your heart for as long as possible - even after their off to college!
4) Long Distance friends and family get to experience the stages of your baby's first year - even if they can't be nearby to touch, see or hear it.
This one is big for a lot of people. Especially living in San Diego where we have so many military personnel. I hear it all the time - my mom wants to see photos of the baby and I just don't have time to take any! Or "his/her father is deployed right now and hasn't even met them yet - I need photos to show him how big they are getting". I know from personal experience of my nephews being in Texas, that photos help keep your family close and involved in your progress and the baby's life and there's no better gift to a grandparent, auntie or spouse that photos of their little one's growth and changes.
5) Your photographer really gets to know your needs and desires for your photography in the best possible way.
Imagine if every time you went to the doctor you saw a different doctor - the rapport and comfort that you need to feel would be missing. We're not likening photography to a doctors visit, but we will say that photography makes almost everyone feel a little bit vulnerable. Working with the same photographer through multiple and regular stages of your baby's life really builds a rapport that you can trust and count on - and that your photographer will be able to get the most creative with as well! Plus, you'll really have a friend at the end of it and if they're anything like me - an adopted auntie!
If you're not yet sure about a Baby's First Year Plan, call us to set up a complimentary consultation in studio, so we can show you around and discuss any questions or concerns that you might have. You'll never regret it!